History

SpaceCom's History at a Glance

 

Each period of time holds its challenges and opportunities… from these very grounds SpaceCom is now calling space! 


During excavations for the new buildings, relics of the past emerged from a Bronze Age village including a three-aisle longhouse, post holes and broken pottery

1. August 1989: Peter Nielsen founded SpaceCom with himself as the only employee having worked as engineer with special focus on development within maritime communication. The first steps to develop his own satellite antenna were taken.

1997: INMARSAT, being the international cooperation for the improvement of telecommunication at sea, launched the so-called geostationary satellites, which were placed 22.500 miles out in space above the Equator. Peter Nielsen presented his brand new antenna product.

November 1997: A real production of satellite antennas for the Mini M system started on a remarkable site: the converted henhouse of Peter Nielsen´s parents.
The production was later to include an INMARSAT antenna to be used on cars followed by land mobile and maritime antennas for competing satellite systems e.g. OPTUS and EMSAT. 

August 2000 saw the inauguration of the beautiful main building facing Skivevej.

2001: the building won the prize for “Promotion of the Beautification of Hobro” given by the then Hobro Town Council. 

February 2003 saw the next extension for storing and fitting.

2005 saw a further extension of the above mentioned facilities.

2007 a third wing was added on including the “anechoic” chamber for final testings of the products.

May 2008 saw the inauguration of the new machine shop covering 1,400 square metres. The total facility of SpaceCom had now reached a total of 4,400 square metres.

 

Skivevej 83 B, DK-9500

Tlf. +45 9851 1576
Fax +45 9851 0622
spacecom@spacecom.dk